Rent is too damn high
Whilst wandering around trying to avoid the reality of my own life I stumbled across a NYC activist/poet/musician called James Macmillan
He’s standing as a mayoral candidate on a single issue ticket of “the rents are too damn high” :D
I’m not quite sure what to make of him: crackpot or visionary? I suspect a bit of both.
He claims that the high rents in New York are creating a housing apartheid.
http://rentistoodamnhigh.org/page0.html
I found the news reports towards the bottom interesting; apparently he was found tied to a tree and doused in petrol in the run up to the mayoral election. He’s also scaled the Brooklyn Bridge “Rambo style” and walked across state, sleeping in shelters en route, to confront the Governor.
He’s standing as a mayoral candidate on a single issue ticket of “the rents are too damn high” :D
I’m not quite sure what to make of him: crackpot or visionary? I suspect a bit of both.
He claims that the high rents in New York are creating a housing apartheid.
http://rentistoodamnhigh.org/page0.html
I found the news reports towards the bottom interesting; apparently he was found tied to a tree and doused in petrol in the run up to the mayoral election. He’s also scaled the Brooklyn Bridge “Rambo style” and walked across state, sleeping in shelters en route, to confront the Governor.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home